What is Best Bike Split and why would I use it?
The underlying technology that drives Best Bike Split lets you predict race times, plan optimal race strategy, and actually execute the perfect race plan on the big day. When we started development we had a few use cases in mind but since launching people have used the app in ways we had never initially imagined. Below are just a few use cases compiled from our members and pros.
- Predict future race times
- Plan optimal power targets for future races based on a goal Normalized Power (NP)
- Determine the Power needed to hit a specific time on a course
- Plan optimal race power targets based on a specific Training Stress Score (TSS)
- Pre-train a race plan indoors with TrainerRoad, Computrainer, etc.
- Follow power instructions during a race with our Garmin Power Files and an Edge Bike Computer
- Determine what equipment to use on a future race
- See the finish time differences of losing a few of those off season pounds
- Compare race plans and finish times for various scenarios
- Help determine aerodynamic drag without a wind tunnel
- Find the power needed to make the bike cut off time at Ironman