How do I create my first race plan?
The first time you sign on to your account the app should walk you through the basic setup, but it is pretty straightforward and you should be up and running (rolling) in less than 5 minutes.
Create your athlete profile
- We will roughly estimate your FTP and Max HR based on your age and weight, but you should manually input your FTP if it's known.
- Note that your weight should include your cycling kit, helmet and shoes.
- It's important to have an accurate FTP value (see below for more info on FTP)
Create a bike profile
- This will estimate initial drag values for you based on your riding style, alternately you may use your measurements or input a known CdA value.
- Make sure to use your complete race ready bike weight (water bottles, pedals, etc)
- Bike drag values can be adjusted after running a model and comparing to a previous race.
Upload a Course or Add one from our Existing Courses
- Course Uploads are currently limited to .GPX files which you can export from TrainingPeaks, Garmin Connect, RideWithGPS, Strava, etc. Note that courses can also be created manually on sites such as RideWithGPS.com and then the resulting GPX file can be exported for use with Best Bike Split.
Create a Race Plan
- Many members use their first race plan to compare to a previous race to calibrate bike drag settings
- Try file downloads to test out training indoors, comparing plan data to actual results or executing the race plan with power prompts using a Garmin Edge Computer or Wahoo ELEMNT.
- Take a look at the cheat sheet for handy scenario based power targets.